Welcome To NQtac – Hospitality qualifications for the next generation
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
With over 23 years experience in training and development for the hospitality industry, NQtac is perfectly positioned to help any organisation, regardless of size, to achieve standards of the highest level whilst ensuring compliance with all legal requirements.
NQtac offers the full suite of accredited programmes, stand-alone courses or tailored packages to suit specific client needs, from 1 day to 3 year development programmes across all aspects of operations.
The whole team has industry experience as well as facilitation qualifications so is well-equipped to provide meaningful training to clients.
NQtac HOTEL SCHOOL
NQtac Hotel School was initiated in January 2003 with the purpose of training and developing Hospitality Management and Professional Cookery students to 5 star international standards. The qualifications entail an element of theory and actual work experience with NQtac’s 4 and 5 star industry partners.
Although the main campus is based on the beautiful Garden Route, Western Cape, many students gain their work experience with International partners in America, Ireland and Malaysia.
Online students enjoy the flexibility of studying in their own time, at their own pace and in their own place, with personalised attention from NQtac lecturers.
- City & Guilds International training and examination centres in South Africa, Namibia, Nigeria and Ghana. These centres are fully accredited with City & Guilds London and students consistently achieve distinctions.
- Hotel Academy offering City & Guilds internationally recognized qualifications in all facets of Hospitality to Advanced Diploma level.
- Development of organisation specific policies and procedures – Standard Operating Procedures for individual hotels, hotel groups and lodges.
- Developing detailed Training Needs Analyses for hotels and lodges – to ascertain the skills development requirements of employees.
- Implementation and facilitation of the required training.
- Monitoring and assessment of the candidates on the training in their workplace.
- Moderation of the assessments for certification by the awarding bodies.
- Performance measurement.
- Skills Development Facilitators to assist in development of Workplace Skills Plans for each property. This is a government initiative for the purpose of issuing grants payable to organizations for training and development of employees within the industry. NQtac recovers the grants for the organization.
- Learnerships (a government initiative to train and develop unemployed and unqualified people to entry level within the hospitality industry).
- Full accreditation with CATHSSETA (Culture, Arts, Tourism, Hospitality and Sport SETA), City & Guilds of London, Chartered Institute of Tourism and Hospitality and the requisite provisional accreditation with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private FET College.
SOME OF OUR ACHIEVEMENTS:
Driving the training and development process for various upmarket hotels and hotel groups, including City Lodge Group, Legacy Hotels and Resorts, Tsogo Sun, Capital Group and Hyatt, as well as private organisations such as Shamwari and Grande Roche.
Developing Standard Operating Procedures and Pre-opening training for all staff for Hotels in Botswana, Western Cape, Rosebank Gauteng, Rwanda and Uganda.
Community development of unemployed people trained to provide a 5 star service to a United Nations Conference at Gallagher Estate.
- Development of Standard Operating Procedures
- Pre-opening training
- On the job training
- Training Needs Analyses
- Performance management
- Compilation of Workplace Skills Plans for CATHSSETA grants
- Mentor and coaching training
- Sustainable training and development on a long term basis
- Implementation and submission of the WSP and Implementation Report to CATHSSETA for grant purposes
- Chairing/ attendance of Workplace Training Forum meetings
- Initiating a three year Trainee Management Programme for the long-term career-pathing of key people identified for development within the Group
- Learnership programmes